Please be advised that a new carrier will commence service from China to New Zealand.
Details of their service follow;
- Direct sailings ex China to New Zealand (no transhipment)
- Fortnightly service thru October, weekly thereafter
- Vessel will only call Tauranga (Auckland CTRs will be railed up from Tauranga)
- Decent size vessels – 1700 TEU
- Only four (4) China ports served
- Nansha / Shekou
The first vessel sails 27th September. I have no doubt it will fill fast. If you have cargo from any of the ports above and want to take advantage of this new service, please be in contact with your Stellar representative. Stellar is checking all orders regardless. Please note if your shipment is already packed into a container, it may not be possible to use the new service.
This is a very welcome development. It will not fix congestion issues, but it will certainly assist. Also, it could help delay recent increase in rates – already we have seen one shipline – ANL – withdraw their recently announced USD600.00 increase.