Skip to content
- All our European agents are operating as normal with a mixture of some working from home and skeleton crew in the office. All container yards are operating normally for LCL operations.
- LCL is largely flowing OK when compared to FCL shipments.
- The Suez Canal incident (March) has created a back log on other services and space has been cut to NZ in order to work through the congestion of old / delayed cargo.
- We expect July to remain difficult for FCL moves.
- We expect rates to increase once capacity has returned to the market.
- Turkey, Greece, Italy, Spain, Bulgaria and Scandinavian ports are experiencing space and equipment shortages. Please allow up to 3-4 weeks to secure bookings.
- Truckers in the UK are over-loaded due to a lack of EU drivers since Brexit. LCL shipments out of Ireland now need to move via EU ports not UK due to Brexit rules.
- Ship Lines are reporting heavy booking congestion with many announcing “no bookings” accepted for undefined lengths of time.